Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's go Golfing!


Chocolate Cherry Chocolate Chip Cake with
Whipped Vanilla Frosting
How I made this:
1. Frosting the whole cake with a lighter green.
2. Drew out where I wanted the sand/water/open green to go with a toothpick.
3. Mixed together brown sugar and "Turtle Crunch" sprinkles for the sand and pressed them into the desired spots.
4. Mixed piping gel with blue food coloring and smeared it on the desired spot with a spoon.
5. I used a special piping tip to make the grass around the whole cake.
6. I made golf balls out of fondant and used a little toothpick to give them their texture.
7. The flag is made out of fondant, I attached it to a candy/popsicle stick.
8. The golf club is made out of fondant. To get the metallic look, I mixed together a little lemon juice with edible silver shimmer dust to paint onto the fondant.
9. I dyed fondant red and used letter cut outs for the "Happy Birthday!" section.
Hope you enjoyed this! More coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment