Saturday, January 22, 2011

Everything Cake

I know that I haven't posted in a long time so I apologize. I will be adding recipes again soon. Here are some photos of cakes that I have made throughout the months. I taught myself how to work with fondant, how to pipe, and how to decorate cakes in general. Most of these cakes were made for clients or as gifts from me. I hope you enjoy :)


23rd birthday cake: Chocolate cake soaked in a Mudslide, with
Kahlua Italian Meringue Buttercream



65th Birthday cake for a woman who swing dances with her partner:
Butter Pound Cake with Chocolate Fudge Filling



Surprise Birthday Party: Chocolate Fudge Cake: Pink Tiers with Chocolate
Buttercream Filling, Green Tiers with Banana Cream Filling


3rd Birthday for boy: Vanilla cake with Vanilla
Frosting (By request): Disney Cars Themed Cake



1st Place Winner at Robert Morris University's Culinary Symposium 2010:
This cakewas made by myself and a former classmate. The theme of course had to be Chicago. The cake was made of styrofoam tiers but everything else had to be edible. It was a great challenge and a lot of fun. My partner and I stayed up all night to finish and the hard work paid off.


Cake Topper: A play on the Buckingham Fountain made
of Rice Krispies and Sour Patch Straws

First Tier: A man blowing musical notes out of
his trumpet to symbolize the Jazz Era along with all
the different types of food that are popular in Chicago

Second Tier: Chicago Sports Teams: White Sox,
Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks

Third Tier: A play on the "Windy City", The Bean with
different color people to symbolize diversity, the
Chicago Flag, and all the four seasons



50th Surprise Birthday for a Luau Themed Party:
Chocolate Fudge Cake filled with
Chocolate Ganache, Vanilla Buttercream,
Graham cracker crusted layer


Baby's Baptism: Butter pound cake with Strawberry
Cream filling and Fresh Strawberries





Baby Shower Cake: Banana Split Flavored -
Layer of Banana Cake, Chocolate Fudge Filling, Layer of
Chocolate Fudge Cake, Banana Cream filling with Pineapple bits,
and layer of Strawberry Cake, frosted with
Vanilla Italian Meringue Buttercream



For Tips on Cake Decorating, Email me at TS5101488@yahoo.com. I will be more than happy to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment